In this episode of Two Guys to the Dark Tower Came, we explore the 1980 adaptation The Shining.
- Introduction (00:13)
- Recap (00:50)
- Adaptation (02:09)
- Mirrors (12:53)
- Crazy theories (19:19) ←!!
- Dark Tower Thinnies (28:26)
- Yuck-King it Up (29:26)
- Thank you, Patrons! (31:24)
- Fun Stuff (32:04)
- Critical reception and box office success (36:29)
- Other Worlds than These (42:58)
- Outro (45:39)
Starring: Jack Nicholson, Shelley Duvall, Scatman Crothers, Danny Lloyd, Joe Turkel, Tony Burton
Leave us an Apple Podcasts review!
Support our show at Patreon.com/twoguysdarktower.
Buy merch at store.twoguystothedarktowercame.com.
Send your questions, comments, and ideas to email@example.com. For more information about the show, check us out at twoguystothedarktowercame.com.
Other Worlds Than These topics:
- Gentleman Jack, season 2. HBO.
- Peaky Blinders, season 6. Netflix.
Critical reception links:
- Roger Ebert: 4 out of 4 stars with a unique look at whether any character is a reliable witness.
- Pauline Kael: “Each shot seems rigorously calculated, meticulous, and he keeps the scenes going for so long that any suspense dissipates…the actors appear to be merely Kubrick’s tools, and you get the feeling that they have been denied any free will.”
Join the conversation on social media!
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/2guysdarktower/
- Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2guysdarktower/
- Twitter: @2guysdarktower
Intro and outro music is Western Cowboys Logo by Shorties.
Next Episode: Doctor Sleep, Prefatory Matters.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More